Tuesday 1 October 2013

Maybelline Color Show nail Paint:First day First show!!( Part1)



Hi Beauties,

 Some of you may be wondering why I am writing back to back nail enamel posts….

Actually I can always give you the clichéd high street model’s quote “There is never enough colour on your nails” …..

But let me give you the honest version.

Ever since I had seen actress Alia Bhatt showing off her nails wearing these candies (in a newspaper clip) I was kind of looking forward to the launch of Maybelline Color Show nail paints.
I actually committed myself to review the product whenever I get a hold of it.

I was so eager to check them out at the first chance; I literally had an altercation with the gate keeper of a H&G shop which was closed by the time I had reached there. The poor guy kept saying “Kaal bhi ham log rahenge !!”

But finally I got in and made the purchase, well, not a single SA, but there was this workaholic cashier who was there in the shop at 10 PM on Sunday!! The patient guy had shown me the way and allowed me to hoard 7 of the 20 available shades from his outlet.

What happens when you finally get hold of the first day fist show ticket after all the knickknacks ….

Hmm… read on for the full review,....






Product Name:      Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer
Product Quantity: 6ml
Product Shelf life: 36 months
Product price:       75 INR each
Available shades:  40 shades as per their website.
Product claims:
‘Stay right on trend from your tips to your toes with new Maybelline Color Show. Our gel based formula with color popping pigments, comes in 40 bold, super stylish shades that look great on nails. So go on, mix, match and make the most of color.’

FOR BEST RESULTS:
With one sweep, paint the first line of nail polish up the centre of your nail starting from the base to the tip. For the cleanest look, be sure to leave a small space at the base of the nail. Then apply color to the rest of the nail.






Packaging: As shown in the picture, the bottle is absolutely cylindrical with a black cover.

Colour: Today I am reviewing three shades 102(Porcelain party) 303(shocking seas) 502(Velvet wine)

Texture: The texture of Maybelline Color Show nail paint is a bit runny compare to Colorama and Express finish range under the same brand.

Coverage: This does not give that opaque finish in a single swipe, for that one needs a minimum of two swipes.



My encounter with Maybelline Color Show Nail Colour:
The first thing that caught my eye was the opulence of shades in this collection. You name the colour and they seem to have it.
I guess that’s one of the USP of the collection. Also needless to say the shades were appropriately named.

The nail paints are having regular tip brush/applicators which are pretty common in the market.I like my applicator to be a little wide so that in one swipe it can cover half of my nail.

The nail polish is neither gloopy nor too runny and it gives that opaque coverage after 3 swipes on my nails.
Be sure to use base coat to get the full coverage and a top coat for glossy finish. One should be careful in its application otherwise it might give you brush impressions on your nails.
The product claims to be a gel based paint that ideally should give you an uplifting and plumpy nails but, I did not see any such thing.

This dries out within sixty seconds!! Just give a bit more time if you are going to reapply.

This gives a semi matte finish but for glossy finish you can always go for a top coat.
I will update its staying power when I will be doing the remaining four reviews.


Porcelain Party:
This one in particular is a pure white shade that is having a bit gummy consistency.
I picked it up as I was running out of my white nail polish so it’s a staple product for me (It’s required for French manicure at home).



Shocking Seas:
I love this colour very much and this is the one I picked up first at the shop, it’s a teal blue shade that looks lovely and very youthful on nails.




Velvet Wine:
I guess this is the only shade in this collection that is having finely milled silver and magenta glitters into it. Looks a bit festive and will go well with ethnics.





Dupes/Alternatives: Most of these shades are also available in locally made brands but quality may vary.



Conclusion:
  • Maybelline Color Show range is having forty shades which are largest comparing to its Colorma and Express Finish ranges.
  • The price tag does not burn your pocket so you have the option to explore this range.
  • The wideness of the brush/applicator could have been better. It gives the brush impressions if applied without basecoat.
  • This gives a semi matte finish and does not impart polish looks on my nails.
  • Internationally Maybelline Color show promote this nail paints as Formaldehyde, DBP and Toluene free.( In India I am not sure)
  • This is not a high quality nail polish but can serve the purpose if you are a person who likes to change the colour quite often.
  • According to me Maybelline Color Show is almost equivalent to their Colorma range with a different packaging.  


My Note: As I was wearing Bourjois nail enamel on my hand fingers so I tried this colours on my feet.

WB verdict: Fair

    
Please share your experience with the product, in the below comment box. 
And do not forget to subscribe WooingBeauty for latest product reviews and daily fashion doze.






8 comments:

  1. These nail paints are a steal at this price :) Fun swatches ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Preeti, These are so..but honestly I want it to be a bit more thicker consistency.

      Delete
  2. Nice photos, velevet wine looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Subha, yes velvet wine looks good in person too.

      Delete
  3. i so want this......
    btw i got few polka dotted ones from US from the same range...but sadly they r not there in India collection
    neverthless its so so worth for 75 rs

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes dear, I have also heard about polka dotted polish..anything polka makes me happy...do review it so that I can see ..a bit pushy me..ha ha..they are really affordable..but I think u might be questioning about their consistency..plz do give them a try...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pics :) velvet wine looks really good and pricing makes it a must have :) nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow wow..love the swatches,,,ur nails r pretty...
    i have used this one..great product n lovely shades,,

    my recent one :http://www.indianbeautyforever.com/2013/10/nail-polish-aqua-shimmer-and-lolita.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your Feedback!!