Saturday 21 September 2013

Saturday Glows !!


Hi Beauties, 

Thank God its Weekend !!

Saturday is the day of indulgence.
Be it late rising, having merged breakfast & lunch (I call it Home Made Branch), reading books, listening to music, taking photos and last but certainly NOT the least enjoying late night parties (well in Bangalore its up-to 11 PM :) )etc etc.. 

But amidst all these hob-knobbings where is the time to get the touch up done on ourselves?

Remember all of us have a duty to full-fill.....

We must look our best when we step out :)

Well the conventional way is to go to a salon get the touch up done, but for a lazy Saturday afternoon, that's like getting ready twice(once for salon and the next for the actual outing) and drive to my nearest salon( In my case I have to ask Mr. SR to do the favour but he screams....what its Saturday morning right?)

So for these lazy times my DIY's (Do it yourself) help me out from all these nitty gritties... 


First,I always keep 'katori Wax' or Sleek wax pack handy for instantly removing facial hair where required.(especially for those lazy ass days)

Then I remove all the chipped Nail Polish from my nails.
Afterwards. I soak my hands and feet into warm soapy water for sometime and scrub with any scrubber available.next massage with some body lotion/cream/butter.That's it!! 
Lastly I put my favourite nail paint and I am done.

(later I will post 'Time constraint mani & pedis at home') 


Now when it comes to facial skin I mostly depend on my DIY's rather than store bought tubs and tubes,as our skin goes through so much colour riots a.k.a kajal, eyeshadow,compact ,foundation ,blush,primer, lipstick and what not, so I rather try to stick to natural remedies.
You can apply this packs just after following the Cleansing & scrubbing routine whenever you have a bit more time in hand say watching TV or listening to music ( I prefer doing this in the evening just before stepping out)

For Dry skin : I am having normal to dry skin so in general I do use this simple yet effective face pack which suits me a lot. For that you need only two regular ingredients

  1. 2tbsp Yogurt/curd( I use home made but you can try using store bought )
  2. 1tbsp honey 
  3. Mix well

Mix well and apply it on your face and neck for 20 mins then wash off with plain water . 
And the result ?You should see and feel  the soft and smooth glow in your cheeks!! now smile.!! this is my 'THE' tried and trusted face pack. 

Now FYI: 
Benefits 
Yogurt/Curd: When topically applied to the skin, creamy yogurt will help to  moisteurize, fight acne, prevent premature aging, relieve sunburn and reduce discolouration. It’s an all-around beauty multi-tasker.
Just be sure to use a plain, organic variety. You don’t want unnecessary additives which may affect you in the long run.
Yogurt

Honey : From moisturiser to antiseptic, honey has a wide range of uses for your skin.  As a natural humectant, honey is super hydrating Honey's anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties draw out impurities from the skin, thus targeting breakouts , reducing redness and calming inflammation.
honey

For Oily skin: Now this should be taken with a pinch of salt 
since I have not used this  pack personally so can't really vouch for this one but after doing a bit of research online I found out that some dermatologists do prescribe this age old face pack . My suggestion would be to try and test it yourself and find out which one gives you the best result . 
After cleaning your face properly use this below mentioned face pack . For better results use 2-3 times a week.
For that you need :
  1. 2 tbsp of multani mitti( fuller's earth)
  2. 2-3 tbsp of tomato juice or with  rose water
  3. Mix well

Apply this face pack and wash off with circular motion before it sits completely dry. You should be noticing the difference within 2-3 weeks of application. This is a unique pack containing valuable herbs to give you an oil-free, smooth and clear skin.

Benefits: 
Multani mitti: Multani mitti has a rich content of magnesium chloride which helps in the reduction of acne and blemishes.It is very good for oily skin as it absorbs the excess oil thereby reducing the chances of new pimples. As this is quite drying so if you have combination skin you may find some dry patches so my humble suggestion would be to use only on oily zone. Applying a multani mitti face pack cleanses the skin and frees it from dirt, oil and dead skin cells. Its healing properties reduce redness. Using it regularly will further relieve the skin from acne scars and inflammation. Multani mitti is also good for getting rid of tanning and pigmentation as it has a soothing effect on the skin.You can get rid of whiteheads and blackheads naturally with multani mitti. Multani mitti is very safe to use as it does not have any side-effects.
multani mitti


Tomato juice :The acidity in tomatoes helps in reducing and clearing up your acne. Vitamin A and vitamin C are commonly found in a lot of acne medicines and tomatoes are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K. If you have mild acne, cut a tomato in half and apply the inside on your face. For severe acne mash a fresh tomato and use the pulp as a pack on the face. Leave it on for an hour. Rinse it off and moisturise. Do this on a regular basis or as many times as you can. Your acne is bound to dry off soon.


Rose water:  Rose oil has anti-inflammatory properties, using rose water can help in reducing the redness from irritated or over-heated skin.It is a great cleanser and aids in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores. Thus preventing acne and pimples.It has astringent like properties, which is why it is used after facials and clean ups to close open pores. Applying rose water after steaming tightens capillaries, reduces redness and blotchiness. The aroma of roses is said to be a powerful mood enhancer.
   
rose water 


Image courtesy : 1 2 ,3, 4,5

                                                                                                                                                                   
Here I have mentioned one face pack for each skin type purposefully so that you are not flooded with options and end up not trying a single one. 
As they say too many option makes one confuse.Am I right?

Please try the above mentioned face pack according to your skin type and send me your feedbacks. 
In case you have any queries feel free to use the comments tab to ask me.


Note: You may all-ready know most of the benefits discussed above, but then again good habits are always worth discussing : )

Now You are ready to chill beauties..Go out and have lods of fun!!


4 comments:

  1. Totally loved the indulgence dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Preeti Thank you for liking my post..!!

      Delete
  2. Aww u write well :)
    I have oily skin n I use honey n rose water n lemon
    Gives glow
    Will try d one u suggested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lucky u having oily skin dear!!..yes u plz try this pack and let me know the result...!!

      Delete

Thank you for your Feedback!!